Friday, November 27, 2009

MakeMyTrip.com - part 2

I'd previously talked about my Makemytrip.com experience for domestic travel booking. I was just thinking that their system wasn't showing my bookings coz it wasn't updated right - as it was saying it had charged my card.

The truth was far more interesting. I finally got a person on the phone the next day. It turns out, the message was wrong. My tickets weren't booked at all !
So, I ask about why the message was the opposite. I also mentioned that I was using an international card. She says ' Sir, we now have a new option for an international card when you pick the card type. You can't pick 'visa/mastercard' though it maybe that. Please re-do your booking with the international card option'.
True enough, I went online and chose that option and the booking went through. I was able to see my booking, and even print the e-tickets.
And to my relief, at the airport counter the agent did let me into the airplane - both the to and fro journeys. :)
So, makeMyTrip, thanks for a weekend trip filled with phone calls and unresolved fears, with a Rs. 22,000 hotel booking in place but no airtickets to match that.

No comments: